Creative have recently launched the 7-inch ZiiO tablet along with a 10-inch model both running Android 2.1. The devices target the lower to mid end of the tablet market with the 7-inch model having comparable specifications to the Augen Gentouch78 and Telstra’s T-Touch Tab.
The Creative ZiiO 7-inch features a resistive touchscreen with a resolution of 800 x 480, ZiiLABS ZMS-08 processor (clock speed unknown), 512 MB of RAM, 8 GB or 16 GB of internal storage, a microSD slot (supporting cards up to 32 GB) a front-facing VGA camera and 720p video output capabilities. The device doesn’t have the Android Market installed which is a big shame but Creative do have their own ZiiStore installed for access to additional apps.
The 7-inch ZiiO is priced at AUD$299.95 for the 8 GB model or AUD$329.95 for the 16 GB model from Creative’s online store which ships direct from Singapore. Free shipping is currently offered for Australian and New Zealand customers on purchases over $129 making the tablets a little more attractive.
- OS: Android 2.1
- Screen type: 7-inch resistive TFT touchscreen
- Screen resolution: 480 x 800 (WVGA)
- Processor: ZiiLABS ZMS-08 processor (clock speed unknown)
- RAM: 512 MB
- Internal memory: 8 GB or 16 GB flash memory
- Expandable memory: microSD slot supporting cards up to 32 GB (not included)
- Camera: Front-facing VGA camera
- Sensors: Accelerometer
– WiFi (802.11 b/g)
– Bluetooth 2.1 with apt-X and A2DP
– HDMI port
– 3.5 mm audio jack
- Supported audio: MP3, AAC, WMA9, FLAC, OGG, MIDI, WAV, Audible Format
- Supported video: H.264, MPEG4, WMV9, MOV, AVI, MKV
- Dimensions: 207.4 x 133 x 13.7 mm
- Weight: 400 g