The Samsung Galaxy S is the latest in Android powered smartphones from the Korean electronics giant. The phone has just been launched in Europe, with the rest of the world (including Australia) coming later this year.
The Samsung Galaxy S is powered by Android 2.1 Eclair and sports a large 4-inch super AMOLED touchscreen display, 1 GHz processor, 5 megapixel camera and either 8 GB or 16 GB of internal memory depending on the model. The phone also features 720p HD video recording capabilities that aspiring YouTube publishers will no doubt be excited about.
With excellent hardware powered by the increasingly popular Android platform, the Samsung Galaxy S looks set to rival the best smartphones available on the market today.
- OS: Android 2.1 Eclair
- Screen type: 4-inch 24-bit colour Super AMOLED touchscreen display
- Screen resolution: 480 x 800 pixels (WVGA)
- Processor: Samsung 1 GHz
- RAM: 512 MB
- Internal memory: 8 GB or 16 GB (depending on model)
- Expandable memory: microSD card upgradeable to 32 GB (not included)
- Camera: 5 megapixel, 4 x digital zoom and 720p HD video recording at 30 fps
- Location services: A-GPS and digital compass
– WiFi (802.11 b/g/n)
– Bluetooth 3.0
– microUSB 2.0
– 3.5 mm audio jack
- Supported audio: AAC+, MP3, WMA
- Supported video: MPEG-4, WMV, DivX, XviD, H.264
- Battery: 1500 mAh
– GSM/GPRS/EDGE 850/900/1800/1900
– UMTS/HSPA 900/1900/2100
- Dimensions: 64 x 9.9 x 122 mm
- Weight: 118 g